Love stripes? Then, lucky for you because all types, widths, and colors are on trend this spring. Stock up, but save big with these Mommy Stylist-approved (see the TMS Mission Statement) pieces. Wearing stripes can be tricky; thick horizontal stripes can make you look wider while thin ones won’t. Multi-directional stripes can be too flashy for some so tone them down by layering with a solid colored cardigan or blazer. Vertical stripes will add length and create a slimming effect. Diagonal and v-shaped stripes can be forgiving in curvy areas, especially at the hip and waist. Be sure to pay attention in the fitting room mirror and go with what looks best on your figure (find your Body Shape here). Wary of stripes but still want to be on trend? Try a striped shoe, necklace, or handbag.
Get the Look:
2. Striped Scarf ($9.95/H&M): Scarves are an inexpensive way to keep up with trends.
3. Pop Stripe High-Low Dress ($44.95/Amazon): This dress represents many of the season’s trends. Bright colors, stripes, florals, a faux-leather belt, and lace blend seamlessly together to create a unique look. Apple body shapes should ditch the belt and add some leather with handbag or shoes.
4. Zagging Rights Dress ($49.99/ModCloth): Cut-outs draw the eye up, a fitted waist and flared skirt accentuates curves. Try it with a brightly colored belt.
5. Splendid Cannes Loafer (sale $46.99, reg. $46.99/6pm): Free shipping. These fun shaped flats go great with jeans and shorts alike.
6. Candie’s Lucy Striped Canvas Shopper (sale $30.80, reg. $44/Kohl’s): A casual bag for relaxing at the beach or farmers market.
7. Crop-Length Drawstring Striped Harem Pants ($17.80/Forever 21): These pants will make your legs look like they go on forever.
8. Border Stripe Cardigan (sale $34.99, reg. $59.90/The Limited): Use code “Fifty” for a 50% discount on up to three items. This cardigan is great if you ate short-waisted as it will elongate the torso. The cinched waist will accentuate a tiny waist and add curves to straight figures.
9. Kensie Striped Dress ($99/Zappos): Free one-day shipping. Sheer and striped, the Kensie dress falls into two spring trends. It is lightweight and perfect for the upcoming warm weather.
10. Always Be Cozy Sweater ($42/Lulu’s): Free shipping and free returns. Springy pastel colors make this sweater a good choice for days that are still a bit chilly. The loose shape will cover up a tummy and the length in back will hide those buns.
11. French Connection Enamel Stripe Bangles (sale $20.35, reg. $33.91/ASOS): Free shipping worldwide. Add some color and music to your wardrobe with these bright bangles from French Connection.
12. Timeless Khan Stripe Bow Flip-Flop (sale $16.95, reg. $35.61/ASOS): Free shipping worldwide. Casual with just a touch of girly, these shoes are great for the beach or the mall.
13. Cleo Cleo Necklace ($10/Pitaya): This brightly striped necklace will add excitement to neutral dresses and tops.
14. Striped Sleeve Sweater ($46.90/The Limited): Use code “Fifty” for a 50% discount on up to three items. Striped sleeves are a fantastic way to wear horizontal stripes without risking looking wide in the middle.