Who wants to sit home with all the fabulous parties to attend this time of year? Not you, especially when there are so many fantastic frocks available. From sparkles and shimmer to lace and sheer fabrics we’ve narrowed down the search, bringing you some of the most flattering, affordable, and fashionable dresses out there. Whether you want to hide that gut, minimize the butt, or showcase those great legs or sexy shoulders, there’s something for every mom who wants to look stylish all through the holiday season.
It’s rare that a mom has the opportunity to get gussied up, so say yes to all those invitations and have some fun! And while you’re at it, take advantage of the skills you learned in this post about dressing for your body type. Use that knowledge to don a style that makes you feel gorgeous and confident and knock your husband’s socks off while you’re at it!
1. Little Mistress Linear Embellished Bandeau Dress (now $72.12, reg. $96.75/asos) The full skirt camouflages wide hips and the bandeau top draws attention to your sexy shoulders. Wear it again: New Year’s Eve, black and white ball, cocktail party.
2. Tie-Neck Pleated Dress ($95/NeimanMarcus) Enter code FRIEND at check out for an additional 30% off. This red vertical pleated number can work both belted for an hourglass figure and unbelted for a straight or apple shape. Wear it again: lunch date, the office, dinner party.
3. Scoop-Back Sequin Dress, Black ($99/NeimanMarcus) Enter code FRIEND at check out for an additional 30% off. Shift dresses flatter apple and straight figures best. Pears and hourglass shapes are better suited to other styles. Wear it again: New Year’s Eve, date night.
4. Sway Through the Soiree Dress ($99.99/ModCloth) Flattering for many shapes, this dress skims over the hips and has a v-neckline helping to tame the curves of an hourglass while at the same time having just enough poof in the skirt to create some curves for a straight figure. For more waist definition, add a skinny belt. Wear it again: fancy dinner, date night, dancing, New Year ’s Eve.
5. Ponte Cowl-Neck Dress, Fuchsia ($99/NeimanMarcus) Enter code FRIEND at check out for an additional 30% off. For the straight body type, this dress will help create curves by cinching in the waist. The form-fitting silhouette will show off a slim figure. Wear it again: work dinner, wedding, cocktail party.
6. Sequined High-Low Dress ($34.80/Forever21) This dress provides a great silhouette for a pear shaped body. The dark, loose bottom skims over wide hips while the sparkly top and bare shoulders help draw the eye upward, visually balancing the figure.Wear it again: New Year’s Eve, anniversary party, black tie event.
7. Shimmer and Shade Dress ($94.99/ModCloth) A pretty, feminine dress cut for slimming hips and hiding the tummy. Wear it again: New Year’s Eve, company party, wedding, cocktail party.
8. Vertical Colorblock Dress ($95/NeimanMarcus) Enter code FRIEND at check out for an additional 30% off. The colorblocking on this dress creates a slimming effect. Glam it up with a sparkly black clutch and some fabulous earrings. Pair it with black patent shoes. Wear it again: the office, business dinner, luncheon.
9. Sleeveless Peplum Dress, Black ($59/LastCall) Enter code FRIEND at check out for an additional 30% off. This little black dress provides full back coverage, so no back fat! Also, the peplum will hide any tummy flab. Wear it again: girl’s night, date night, office party.
10. Domestic Goddess Wine Red Shift Dress ($43/Lulus) Show off your arms and legs while hiding any chub around the middle in this airy bohemian frock. Wear it again: girl’s night, date night, dinner party.
Also, see our post What to Wear: Winter Holiday Gathering / Holiday Photos.
(Did you like this article? If so, sign up for an email subscription to The Mommy Stylist – on the top right-hand side of the home page. You can also follow The Mommy Stylist on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.)