By Kristin Hull and Lisa Miller
Capes are a mom’s lifesaver. Well, stylesaver may be more accurate. Put one on and you have instant style. Whether it be to hide the house-cleaning clothes you have on underneath or to amp up a pair of jeans and a tee, the cape will never let you down. We scoured the sites to find the perfect ones just for moms. They’re not too expensive, versatile, and functional. What more could you want?
1. Mango Check Wool Cape ($141/Asos – free shipping both ways!)
2. Guess Leather Trim Tweed Cape ($74, reg. $149/Nordstrom – free shipping both ways!)
3. Merona Women’s Cape Sweater ($30/Target) – More colors available.
4. Jones New York Signature Shawl Poncho ($90/Dillard’s) – Also in grey.
5. Cape Coat With Buckles ($190/Zara)
6. Classic Cape Coat ($38, Forever 21)
7. Snap Button Epaulettes Cape ($150/Mango)
8. Dirty Plaid Cape (now $60, reg. $70/Alloy)
9. Houndstooth Cape ($128/Miss Me)
10. Via Spiga Asymmetrical Cape (now $100, reg. $170/Macy’s)
11. Tie Wool Cape ($148/Ann Taylor) – Also in black.
12. Via Spiga Ombré Plaid Cape (now $90, reg. $180/Nordstrom – free shipping both ways!)
13. Chill Out and About Cape ($70/Modcloth – free shipping and returns!)
14. Laundry Zip-Front Cape (now $69, reg. $225/Last Call by Neiman Marcus)
15. 35 Degrees Below Town & Country Cape ($22, reg. $33/QVC)
(Did you like this article? If so, sign up for an email subscription to The Mommy Stylist – on the top right-hand side of the home page. You can also follow The Mommy Stylist on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.)